Thursday 19 January 2012

2012, so far....

Wow - it's hard to believe that we're over halfway through the first month of 2012. It feels like we were just celebrating the holidays! Big D's been back at school for 2 weeks now and we've fallen back into our daily routine. I think I've said this before, but I honestly can't say it enough - I LOVE MY LIFE! I am so very lucky to get to stay home and enjoy my boys while they grow. Our daily life might be boring to some, but to me - it's perfect! My hubby works hard to give us this life and I am truly thankful!

Anyway, the New Year is treating us well. And I feel I've been giving back, as I said I would! My resolutions are coming along. I've been blogging more on the other site. (I should add that I also resolve to blog more on HERE). I really have been enjoying my boys as much as I can. I have to remind myself sometimes to put the laptop away and join in a game of lego or snuggle up with my 2 favourite boys and a few books. But I am definitely not letting the little moments slip by....at least not all of them. I recently read an article by a Mom who was sick of being told to enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT. Instead, to her motherhood was about getting through each day unscathed and having a few moments each day or week that took her breath away. Parenting is hard and sometimes not pretty. I think we can all agree that EVERY moment isn't enjoyable and there are some days we gladly put behind us. But this year, I definitely see each day as a new start and as a new opportunity to be creative and fun with my boys, creating lots of fun memories. We've been baking, crafting, and even skating on the rink in our backyard. As the boys like to say - FUN! My current obsession is pinterest. I've been finding lots of great craft and decor ideas, as well as countless yummy recipes. I may "waste" some a lot of time on that site, but putting those ideas to use makes it worth it!

I used to think how it's really easy to blink and have a whole day or week go by, with little to show. At least, little to show in a literal sense. But now I realize that each day you spend raising your child(ren) proves you have a LOT to show. Even if your child only learns one new thing a day (although, believe me - if your kiddo(s) are anything like mine, it's many new things each day), what they learn is likely because of you. And for that - be proud! Sit down at the end of a long day (that you may or may not have counted down the hours until the kids bedtime) and think about the difference you are making in at least one person's life. To me, making a difference in my two little D's lives is just as grand as making a difference to the world.

Alright, moving onto more minor details. I am proud to say that this week we had ONE kitchen catcher bag worth of garbage. We definitely had more organic/compost waste than regular trash. And of course, tons of recycling. Everyone has gotten on board and is doing their part to help. It feels good to know we are reducing our footprint!

Also this week, I busted out the Wii Fit. Shamefully, I apparently hadn't been on it for 713 days. Yikes! It hadn't been on since before our move. The good news is, I was down 4.4 lbs. Woo-hoo! I've been on it a few times and hope to keep it up.

Well, speaking of exercise, we are in the midst of a white-out like snowstorm and I need to pick Big D up from school soon. Hope you all are off to a good start this year. Please feel free to leave any comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment