Tuesday 29 March 2011

Orange you glad?

So, what have I (we) been up to that's keeping me from writing on here? Well - our biggest project(s) would be home renos. That's something that seems to be never-ending in this house. I don't say that with any negative tone, but rather with some excitement, as we make our new house into OUR home!

On the list recently (including completed and ongoing projects, but not everything we have done to date):
  • install 13 new windows
  • trim said 13 windows, inside and out!
  • complete kitchen remodel (almost complete and I'm in LOVE with it!!!)
  • makeover of downstairs living room/play room
  • custom built trim for down living room
  • shop/garage re-do (new walls, door, etc)
  • the eventual remodel of entranceway
  • general "home-y" touches throughout the house
  • Finally - Dylan's Bedroom!
Today I will focus on Dylan's bedroom. Since the day we bought this house, Dylan knew he could paint his room whatever colour he wanted. And also since that day, we all knew that colour would be ORANGE. Here we are, some 8 months later, and have now held true to our promise. I took Dylan to the store on Sunday and let him choose his paint colour. I honestly had no say, just layed out 1000 different orange samples and let him pick. He chose one, so I mixed it up to see if he really meant it, and sure enough, he picked the same one. Then when I asked if he wanted to look at any more, in a typical male response - "Why would we look at more? That's the one I want. Let's buy it."

So it was done. Dylan had picked out his new wall colour. It's called Mariachi and it is without a doubt, BRIGHT orange. I put the first coat of paint on the walls yesterday and the smile on Dylan's face when he saw his new wall colour was worth it's weight in gold. He LOVES it and is getting super excited to have a room of his own soon. However, the boys are pretty sure they are just going to BOTH move into Dylan's room, as I think they have grown quite fond of sharing a room. (Next project to add to that list - BUNK BEDS!!!!)

There you have it, folks. This is one busy household, with a to-do list that seems to only grow, never shrink. I know Mike is slightly stressed that we are all over the place with the projects (and I will confess that it's ME who keeps starting another project before completing the first).....but it's coming along. Our house is starting to feel more like our own and we are really enjoying it. There are times I still miss Fenwick. I miss the neighbours, the deck, and certain features of our first house, but I've come to realize that our new house is much more suited to our family and it's where we belong.....for right now, anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment